- Switch off the central heating system and allow the system to cool.
- Close the radiator inlet and outlet valve.
- Protect the flooring around each end of the radiator.
- Open air inlet valve and undo the union nuts on radiator tails and drain radiator into container, taking care to avoid spillages.
- Once draining is complete remove the existing tailpieces, if using 22mm, retain nut from old system and use alongside a 22mm adaptor (also available).
- Wrap male thread of Isolating Tails with PTFE tape.
- Fit the tails to the radiator.
- Fit to the inlet and outlet valves using the union nut and olive or adaptor provided.
- Open inlet and outlet valves and air vent valve.
- Refill the radiator.
- When the radiator is full close off air valve and check for leaks.
- Switch on central heating system and recheck for leaks.
New installation/new build of Radmaster Isolating Radiator Tails
- The isolation valve is compatible with all systems irrespective of size of inlet/outlet valves (15mm or 22mm adaptor available).
- On installation replace the existing tailpiece with the isolation valve and the appropriate nut and olive.
- Fit to the system.
The radiator can now be removed at any time without the need to drain the radiator or entire system.